Ten things I love Sunday!

Posted on | Sunday, April 10, 2011 | 1 Comment

I realized halfway through last week that I had forgotten to post a Ten Things I Love Sunday. Whoops! I was so caught up with everything else it completely slipped my mind. It's been a very busy week for us. Hopefully I can update more on that later, I have about three or four blog posts that I need to make this coming week. Exciting!

Anyways, onto the things that I love!

1. This Song



I think I first heard this song while watching a movie about five years ago. I'm not sure, to be entirely honest. But it's certainly stuck with me. I absolutely adore this song. It's song is just.. *handflappything* It's one of those songs that every girl wants to know is written about her. I get the same feeling whenever I listen to Elton John's Your Song.

2. Harry Potter


Hogwarts, Hogwarts, hoggy warty Hogwarts! Teach us something please!

These seven books will always, always have a place in my heart. I love them. I come back to them at least once a year and spend night after night pouring over Rowlings brilliance. I never tire of it. These are books I want to read to my children. I want them to know that bravery, intelligence, and above all the ability to love are life's greatest weapons against those who fills their lives with hate.

Also. If ANYONE knows where to get this necklace pleasepleaseplease tell me!

3. Summer


I have never been a fan of the swimsuits that could double as dental floss or a bandaid. I frankly don't find them appealing and I cannot fathom why they are so popular. i would be terrified of such a miniscule piece of clothing slipping two centimeters and everyone getting a free show. But. These swimsuits? I am loving these. I love that they are feminine and gorgeous while still being modest. I'm not a being swimmer (at least not at the moment) but I wouldn't think twice about buying one of these.

4. Puppies!!


I dare you to not love this picture. I double dog DARE you.
It's puppies! Perfectly groomed puppies sporting sunglasses, hoodies, and designer jeans. Omg. I want one.
The one in the middle is my favorite.

5. Beauty


It reads:
A woman is often measured by the things she cannot control. She is measured by the way her body curves or doesn’t curve, by where she is flat or straight or round. She is measured by 36-24-36 and inches and ages and numbers, by all the outside things that don’t ever add up to who she is on the inside. And so if a woman is to be measured, let her be measured by the things she can control, by who she is and who she is trying to become. Because as every woman knows, measurements are only statistics. and STATISTICS LIE.

I couldn't agree more.

6. Rainbow Brite, If You Ever Get A Bakery...
I don't know if I could eat these. They are too friggin' cute to eat. I mean c'mon, rainbows and unicorns! WITH GLITTER. You know Rainbow Brite was totally cooking rainbows and unicorns in her technicolored Easy Bake Oven. The question is, which of you stole her recipe?

7. Old School Romance


This was my favorite scene from It's A Wonderful Life growing up (that and when the school pool magically opens and darling George falls in, although I suppose they go together). I love how Mary doesn't say what she's wishes for, and how big George's wishes are, the entire scene is just lovely. And then the best line, "Why don't you kiss instead of talking her to death!"

8. Tamagoyaki


I wish I could say this was my tamagoyaki. I've just recently branched into Japanese cuisine (I am ridiculous excited about several recipes, with any luck I'll find all the ingredients I need). I love that everything is done with purpose in Japanese cooking. It's meant to be visually appealing, delicious, and smell lovely. It's just as much about the display as it is about the food itself.

9. Happy Babies


I love watching this video. So does Kael. It's just so cute how the dog is playing with that handsome young man. He's jumping everywhere and coming within an inch of touching but never does. It's so obvious that they both love each other.
10. Little Hearts
I love the idea of this kind of tattoo. I think it's so adorable. Sweet, even. I doubt I would ever do it (the idea of tattooing over my achilles tendon is even a bit much for me), but I love the idea. It's so simple and quaint. I think that's what makes it so grand.

Comments

One Response to “Ten things I love Sunday!”

  1. --Sharon
    April 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/69272943/the-never-tickle-a-sleeping-dragon

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers