Duck, duck, goose

Posted on | Saturday, April 16, 2011 | No Comments

I woke up this morning feeling better than I have felt in a week. It was so nice to be able to breathe again! I'm still coughing a lot and feeling cruddy around the edges, but it's so much better than it has been. I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I actually had the energy to clean my house today! There's something about a clean house that is calming to the nerves. Besides, if I have energy to clean my house I have to be getting better.

To celebrate my body's turn back to good health Kael and I decided to go for a drive (and maybe pick up some fruit slushes and fries from Sonic, don't tell anyone). The weather was absolutely lovely today and it just seemed fitting to do more than be couped up in the house. During our little trip we ran into another family enjoying the warm weather.



A family/gaggle of geese! Papa Goose was standing in the road honking loudly at me, as though daring my behemoth of a car to move and harm any of his exceedingly adorable babies. As if I would ever! I mean look at them, who could ever harm something so cute?! Two of the hatchlings were struggling to get back on the grass (they were in the process of crossing the street as we approached and quickly changed plans). As we waited I pulled out my cell phone and tried to snap a few pictures of the cute fowl family.

Sometimes I really mentally kick myself for not bringing my camera with me everywhere I go. Oh, well.


Kael distinctly counted nine geese, although he kept calling them "duckies". He was mesmerized by the fluffy babies more than anything else and gasped in alarm when one of them tripped over their little feet and face-planted it in the dirt. As the last little gosling made its way onto the grass Papa Goose honked loudly again and followed his little family back to the grass. We sat and watched them for a few more moments before driving away.

Sometimes, it really is the tiny things that make bad weeks so much better.

Comments

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers