Friends in low places

Posted on | Tuesday, March 8, 2011 | 2 Comments

Well, kind of. Minus the bar, the wedding, and the song.


This week has been incredibly painful. I don't feel comfortable discussing it on a public forum, but suffice to say it has been truly heartbreaking. There isn't any real end in sight to what is happening and it is taking a toll on all involved. I made mention of what was happening on my facebook and asked people to pray for those involved. Upon returning home I saw that Katy had posted on my wall --

I know that youre having a tough day, so I made all those cupcakes we looked at yesterday, I'll be over later.

I truly love that woman.

She came over and held me while I cried. And then we ate cupcakes. Red Velvet, Lemon, and Vanilla Almond. I smiled and then cried a bit more, and had another cupcake. It's something special when your friend sees you are in pain and spends her morning making wedding cupcake replicas from scratch (Katy doesn't believe in box mixes). It's even more special when they hold you and let you feel everything you have bottled up inside without saying a word. It was truly the best thing should could have done.


I still have about seven cupcakes in my fridge right now. I'm planning on eating several of them for dinner tonight, my diet be dammed.

I don't know what is going to happen or what to expect in the coming weeks (or months), but knowing I have people that love me this much reminds me it will be okay. Regardless of what happens it will be okay.

And we will always have cupcakes.

Comments

2 Responses to “Friends in low places”

  1. --Sharon
    March 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM

    I love Katy, too, for being such a good friend to you.

  2. Maria
    March 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM

    those are cutie cupcakes

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers