Oh, bother

Posted on | Tuesday, February 8, 2011 | 2 Comments

I took some pictures yesterday afternoon just before leaving work. The college was shut down until Saturday due to the fact that maintenance was still trying to clear away the remnants of the blizzard. Being on campus Monday morning much of the snow has melted or been plowed away, although there are heaps of the slushy not-so-white stuff at various spots through out campus.


I was almost sad to see it go. The snow makes it feel like winter even if it brings freezing temperatures with it. Snow is the highlight of the winter season for me. I miss living in a part of the country that actually has a change in seasons and wintry weather. Or regularly maintains a seasonal temperature without having hurricane force winds. It's been a pleasant change to look out my window in the morning and see the world blanketed in white.

Watching the news last night I was both elated and despondent. It looks like another big storm is coming our way, bringing with it up to a foot of snow. At least this time there won't be 40mph winds, although we are looking at a wind chill of about -15*F.

Egads.

Time to stock up on toilet paper and nonperishables again.

Comments

2 Responses to “Oh, bother”

  1. --Sharon
    February 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM

    So you miss living in a part of the country that has wintry weather? I'm foncused. If what you have isn't wintry weather, I missed something when I was back in Michigan!

  2. Alisha
    February 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    Haha! I love snow and winter, but the barometric pressure changes here in Oklahoma are really painful for me. If the weather wouldn't fluctuate so much I would actually enjoy Oklahoma weather. ;-)

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers