More

Posted on | Friday, February 4, 2011 | No Comments

I think I may have jinxed myself yesterday when I said I was going to visit Rene this afternoon. My thought had been that since a lot of the snow would be cleared by today it would be safe to travel further than the closest Mega-Mart. I woke this morning and as I peeked out my window I was greeted by newly fallen snow. More is coming down as I type this. Looking at the Weather Channel it looks like two more storms will be coming through this area before the end of next week.


Oh, goody.


On a positive note, this snowfall lacks the blizzard-like conditions that accompanied Monday's storm. No gale force winds or below zero temperatures. Compared to Tuesday I would even call this weather warm. The snow isn't making me feel trapped in my home, although I am decidedly staying inside after seeing several ambulances speed (and skid) down the street. I would rather not have a visit to the ER because I wanted to play on Rene's Wii.

I did however take Kael outside to play in the snow in hopes of working out some of his pent up energy. I also let him have a bit of fun with the camera. He loves taking pictures, eventually I will need to do a blog post simply to show off his skills. He's rather good for a four year old.

Portrait of Mommy. I got on my knees so he could get this picture. I am amazed.

The street, and the snow from Kael's perspective.

And a tree, also dusted with snow.

I'm telling you, the boy has some serious talent. I need to get him his own camera. I think I might still have my old one hidden somewhere in the recesses of my bedroom, now that I think of it.

My kid is seriously awesome. Oh, and he loves the snow. If left to his own devices I think he would spend all day and all night in the fluffy white stuff.



So maybe having a week's worth of snow days isn't entirely awful. Although having adult company and conversation through a means other than Facebook would be incredible right about now. There is only so much Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks a parent can take before their brain begins dribbling out their ears.

Maybe I'll bake some cookies to keep myself occupied. Where did I put those eggs...

Comments

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers