Pesto and sewing patterns

Posted on | Wednesday, October 13, 2010 | 1 Comment

Yesterday was Tuesday, and you know what that means. Lunch date with Katy! Although they are quickly becoming all-day events involving shopping, cooking, and ridiculous picture taking. It makes me happy that Katy shares in my enjoyment of documenting are exploits.

Yesterday we went to Hobby Lobby again. We can't help ourselves, it's all the glitter and crafty things that call to us. Katy talked me into ditching my Rosie the Riveter costume en lieu of something far more shimmery and awesome-looking. We needed fabric. And buttons. And fringe.

Prior to going on the hunt for fabric and other necessities we skimmed over the costume patterns they had.


















If I ever have two children close to the same age I am making them wear this. Likely before they enter elementary school so that they won't have the sense to tell me no. Isn't it just too freaking adorable?!
















Bahaha.

Sadly Hobby Lobby failed us. We are shocked and disappointed in our dear crafting store. So we high tailed it to Hancock Fabrics and had much better results.

































This is Nick. He was awesome and played along with our silliness. We also were going to buy some epic gold fringe. Until we found out that it would cost us $40 extra. Pass. There will be a hunt for affordable golden fringe at a later date.

After our crafty shopping spree we went to Katy's Mom's house to make dinner. Pork roast, hasselbeck potaotes, home made pesto, and green beans.

















Fresh basil is made of win. And smells delicious.

































Kael wanted to help with the cooking. Food processors are the most interesting things ever. He had so much fun mixing the basil, nuts, olive oil and garlic together. Good job, my Mini-Chef!







































Then came the hasselbeck potatoes. I was ridiculously nervous because all pictures look so fancy. Surprisingly, they were actually very easy to make! Slice the bottom off the potato so it will lay flat and then cut strips about a quarter of an inch apart all the way down the length, leaving some of the potato uncut toward the bottom so they hold together. Stick small cubes of butter and garlic alternating into the slices to add flavor (we drenched ours in pesto, and that was delicious too).

Heat the oven to 450 and stick those puppies in for about an hour. Yum!

















BREAD.
















Katy can cut potatoes too.

















The Kael Monster! Raaaaawr. He was playing with the boys outside and we they came back in this is what I was greeted with.

































Look at that. Isn't that delicious looking?

































:)

Comments

One Response to “Pesto and sewing patterns”

  1. somethink.different
    October 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM

    If you ever need fabric or trimmings on the cheap, go to Goodwill or another thrift shop... sometimes you can find cheap, good-quality cloth in the form of bedding or curtains. The curtains might have gold fringe, too!

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers