You say goodbye, I say hello

Posted on | Saturday, May 14, 2011 | 1 Comment

We don't always realize how many people care about us until it's we say goodbye to them. I have lived in Oklahoma for over four years and in that time I've made wonderful friends and rekindled relationships with some people that I was lucky enough to know since I was a small child. I don't see many of these people often (as is often the case, sadly) but that doesn't make them any less important.


Even though this move is the best thing for me (in both literal and metaphorical sense) there is still a saddness to all the well wishes and goodbyes. It could easily be years before I see some of these people again. I know that I will see a few of them again at my wedding, but after that who knows.


The hardest person to say goodbye to is Katy. She's my sister and my best friend, and neither of us seem ready to accept that very soon we will be states apart. It's hard to think that we will be limited to facebook chats, Skype, and phone calls. While it's better than nothing it certainly is not the same.

Mom and I have made plans for a weekly Skype date (moreso for Kael's benefit than ours). Perhaps Katy and I can plan a monthly date night (cook the same meal and watch a movie together, maybe) too.


As sad as the goodbyes were it was wonderful to see so many people together at once again. I'm so glad that such a large number was able to make it. Thank you to everyone who came and gave me hugs and wishes of good luck.

Comments

One Response to “You say goodbye, I say hello”

  1. --Sharon
    May 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM

    Big changes are rarely all good or all bad. I have to say that the internet has made moving a lot less painful than it used to be -- and Facebook has made things even better. I know you will miss some very dear folks, but we are ready for you in Alabama!!! <3 <3 <3

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers