Yowza

Posted on | Monday, January 24, 2011 | No Comments

I've been a mom for a little over four years and in that time Kael has surprised and amazed me, however I think this might have taken the cake. Last night he randomly waltzed up to me and began reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, followed quickly by the State Pledge of Oklahoma. And although bits were mumbled he knew both entirely from memory and could repeat them at a moments notice. Color me astounded (and not a little bit proud)! I can't lie; it was freakin' ADORABLE. Thankfully Alex snapped me out of my excitable flailing long enough to grab my camera and press record.



The pledges are as follows for anyone who might be curious (or cannot fully understand what Kael is saying):


United States--
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, With liberty and justice for all.

Oklahoma--
I salute the flag of the State of Oklahoma. It's symbols of peace unite all people.


At his school each morning they meet in the auditorium where the principle discusses the school's daily events and lunch menu; and of course they end the assembly with reciting the pledges. I have to say the difference between standing next to him in a huge auditorium full of children and hearing it at home is jaw-dropping. Mainly because he wasn't prompted at all initially, and when I ran and got my camera the only thing I said was, "Can you say the Pledge of Allegiance, Kael?" I'm still a bit floored to be entirely honest.



Admit it, as the tag states -- my kid is pretty darn awesome.

Comments

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers