"Neither rain, nor sleet..."

Posted on | Tuesday, January 25, 2011 | No Comments

"... Nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." While the saying was originally created sometime around 500 B.C by the Greeks it's still a rather relevant adage for the events that happened earlier this week. You see, a small parcel was left on my door step.

This is around the time that I could say something catty like, "I wonder what it could be?" However that would imply my audience lacks the most basic reading comprehension skills. I guffaw at the very thought! Of course you all remember the voting that occurred earlier this month, which can only mean one thing --

My save the dates arrived!! And look! A ribbon tied post-it note! To think, they were made especially for me (the post-it note says so, therefore it must be true). I bet they say that to everyone who has stationary shipped to them.

I haven't unwrapped them yet for fear that Kael might getting his grubby four-year-old hands on them. Although tiny smudged fingerprints might add a bit of a rustic feel to everything, that's not quite the look I had in mind. Not to mention the time Alex, Sharon, and I put into these gorgeous fellas, it would be a bit of a tragedy to have them demolished before they event reached a mail box.

So today while Kael is at school I'll be addressing and mailing these cuties out. I still need addresses from some of you -- you know who you are!! *cough*Katy and Dottie*cough*

And this coming weekend I'll be trying on... dresses!

Comments

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers