Lucy and the Pony

Posted on | Sunday, September 19, 2010 | 2 Comments

Yesterday evening when Kael and I got home I got a brilliant idea -- foam curlers! I grabbed a pack of them and twisted my hair up into twenty-four foam curlers. The next morning my head was a mess of curls that would have made Shirley Temple proud.

This isn't an everyday occurrence for me, but I have an explanation. Lucy Ricardo. Halloween is still a month away but I want to practice her iconic poodle 'do so that I'm not bamboozled by sub-par hair. Not to mention I'd rather not dye my hair bright red without there being a payoff.

Lucy Ricardo version 1.0 turned out something like this --


















Five combs and about thirteen bobby pins later and I had a decent looking 1950's hairstyle! I like how it turned out, although there is still room for improvement. The curls didn't really come out how I wanted (my fault, but three cheers for learning experiences). It was a nice change to have happy bounce curls all day long, even after I took my hair down. A girl could get used to this!






















I'm not sure if I am sold on the make up just yet, or the dress. But there is time to practice and fix things. I just need to do more research (read, watch more episodes of I Love Lucy and begin channeling my inner Lucille Ball). I'm tossing around the idea of Rosie the Riveter as well, since that would mean not dying my hair red. We'll see what I come up with.

Every year I let Kael pick out his Halloween costume. In 2008 he was a pirate, last year he was a firefighter, this year he's going to be... Well, the package says 'Pony Rider' but you can be the judge.






















Regardless of what the technical term is Kael loves his costume. Yay! And it'll work great if it's cold for Halloween like it was last year. I can definitely see this horsey going into permanent rotation as a regular play toy after the season ends. Or, at least until he's too tall to 'ride'.

Comments

2 Responses to “Lucy and the Pony”

  1. Anonymous
    September 19, 2010 at 6:43 PM

    I love you two soooo much! I think you look AMAZING with the curls and Kael is absurdly adorable in his costume. I want vidya!

  2. somethink.different
    September 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM

    BE ROSIE THE RIVETER OMIGOODNESS YESSSSSSS!

About

Photobucket I was born and raised in California. I have also lived in Hungary, Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, and I will be moving again this summer. Kael is my incredibly awesome kiddo who is growing up far too quickly, and Alex is my fiance who makes me happier than should be legally allowed. I write about them a lot. I'm mildly obsessed with cooking and photography. I write about those things, too.

Followers